Export Credit Norway, GIEK, GIEK Credit Insurance and Innovation Norway will for the first time ever participate with a joint stand at Nor-Shipping, offering both Norwegian and international businesses a common gateway to the entire export-oriented public support system.
Throughout the conference, the four policy makers will arrange several five-minutes “MINI-TALKS”, which will give listeners a short and informative overview of relevant topics. At the same time, we will contribute with knowledge about how we can assist Norwegian industry players.
The “MINI-TALKS” series will help promote the many different and exciting stories from several different companies within the Norwegian business and industry sector. Innovative Norwegian technology is emerging in different parts of the country and at Nor-Shipping 2019 we offer key players the opportunity to share their success stories.
Visitors will, among other things, hear from several of our partners, the minister of trade and industry Torbjørn Røe Isaksen, as well as the four organization’s own experts.
Here are some of the “MINI-TALKS” that visitors can expect to hear:
- Senior Sales Manager Alan Linderoth in Clean Marine and Andreas Back Senior Manager in Wärtsilä share their experience of using export financing as a sales tool to close international contracts for the sale of maritime environmental technology.
- Innovation Norway presents www.theexplorer.no, a marketplace and matchmaking service for export of green, Norwegian technology.
- Senior Vice President at GIEK Pernille Østensjø will talk about how the state can increase loan access for construction investment among maritime suppliers and yards.
- Senior Vice President at Export Credit Norway Tellef K. Tellefsen explain how shipping companies can use our common financing solutions for financing installation / retrofitting of scrubbers, VOCs, ballast cleaning plants and other environmental technology (so-called retrofitting).
- Human rights expert and head of sustainability in GIEK, Kamil Zabielski, and senior adviser Sigrid Brynestad in GIEK, will focus on violations of human rights and working conditions in the shipbuilding industry, specifically the risk that both buyers and suppliers can possibly face.
- The cruise industry is becoming an important segment for Norwegian shipyards. Customer Manager Anders Gerlach Nielsen in GIEK will highlight the possibilities for financing cruise ships built in Norway or by foreign shipyards using Norwegian equipment.
- Senior Vice President Pernille Østensjø in GIEK, and Senior Vice President Stig Gjethammer in Export Credit Norway will talk about how GIEK and Export Credit Norway facilitate the financing of investments in both small and medium sized vessels in Norway, including service boats for aquaculture and offshore wind, fishing vessels, ferries and wellboats.
- Marketing Manager Steffen Skaar in GIEK Credit Insurance will highlight the benefits of insurance, and how to reduce the risk of non-settlement on export.
- Several exciting “MINI-TALKS” will be launched closer to the Nor-Shipping event.
Are you participating in Nor-Shipping 2019? Here you can see the entire program
Published 31. May 2019